There are thousands of way to cook chicken at home. The recipes of our mom and lovely grandma's, those chicken soup they make during cold weather or fried chicken on parties. Remind us that the simplest food they make are the once we remember the most.
While reminiscing those simple chicken recipes I decided to make my own asian inspired chicken dish. Very easy to make with few ingredients needed and can be cook in less than 20 minutes (marination not included). Here's how to make Chicken Broccoli in Oyster sauce at home.
1 lb. chicken breast (cut in chunks)
1/2 lb. broccoli (cut in small sizes)
1 pc medium size red onion (sliced)
1 bulb medium size garlic (minced)
4 tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tbsp. white sugar
1/4 cup water
2 tsp. black pepper
5 tbsp cooking oil
5 tbsp lemon juice (fresh squeeze lemon is also a good option)
2 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
1. Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hrs in the fridge.
2. Take the chicken out on the fridge for 10 mins prior to cooking.
3. Boil water in a pot. Add broccoli and blanche for 2 minutes then strain and set aside.
3. Heat oil in the pan. Pan fry the chicken until cook. Set aside after cooking.
4. On the same pan add red onion and garlic. Sauté until fragrant.
5. Add oyster sauce, sugar and water. Mix well and taste the sauce. Adjust seasoning to your liking.
6. Add the chicken and broccoli back to the pan with the sauce.
7. Mix them very well then serve.
Watch the recipe video below