During this pandemic crisis our options of buying fresh ingredients are limited. In our family, fish is a staple food in the table but since we can’t always go out to buy fresh fish. We opt into buying frozen fish fillets as an alternative. It's not the best but when you cook them with extra ingredients it will still taste good!
Here’s how to cook your fried fish at home restaurant style!
3 tbsp. cooking oil
4 pcs fish fillet
1 medium size onion (julienne cut)
1 thumb size ginger (julienne cut)
2 pcs tomatoes (cut in cubes)
2 tbsp. Hoisin sauce
2 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. sesame oil
Salt and pepper
1. Thaw the frozen fish fillet in the fridge overnight (recommended).
2. Season fish with salt and pepper.
3. In a pan, add cooking oil then fry the fish. Set aside in a plate once cooked.
4. In the same pan, add cooking oil then sauté the veggies.
5. Add hoisin sauce and water.
6. Add sesame oil at the end then mix.
7. Place the stir fry veggies on top of the fish then serve.