Have you ever wanted to make sushi at home but thinking it's hard and need some skill and practice before making it right? The answer is YES! Making sushi is not a walk in the park to perfect those tiny rolls you see in the restaurant. As a matter of fact sushi chefs dedicate themselves for years in making sushi.
Luckily because of food creativity a lot of things that we think can only be done by professional chefs are now also enjoyed by home cooks. Meticulous procedure are simplified like Sushi. This Crab Sushi Squares recipe is a simplified version of a traditional rolls you mostly see in any Japanese restaurant.
Follow the step by step video below, you will see how easy the recipe and you definitely want to make sushi more often. The best part of this sushi squares is you can be creative and try different fillings as you desire. It will be a perfect treat as appetizers for your next party!
16oz cooked crab meat
4 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp. Sriracha
Black sesame seeds, sprinkle
1 tsp salt
3 cups cooked Japanese rice
1 tsp. black sesame seed
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. mirin
2 tbsp. rice vinegar
1 Nori sheet
1 Large ripe avocado, thinly sliced
Atchara (pickled papaya), garnish
1. Combine crab meat with mayo, sriracha, sesame seed and salt. Mix well
2. In a separate bowl, combine next 6 ingredients and mix well.
3. Using an 8x8 inch baking pan line the bottom with aluminum foil, allowing the foil to overhang on opposite sides. Add the rice mixture on the pan and spread evenly.
4. Place the nori sheet on top of the rice mixture, cutting to fit if necessary. Firmly press the nori.
5. Arrange the sliced avocado over top of nori.
6. Spread the crab mixture on top of the avocado and press firmly.
7. Use the overhanging foil to remove the sushi from the pan and cut into squares (check video for procedure).
8. Add atchara on each squares for garnish.
Watch recipe video below for the procedure
I hope you like this recipe. I highly recommend to give it a try it's delicious and very easy to make!